As recently discussed on the podcast we around the office have gotten into the amazing DayZ mod for Arma 2. We are going to run through a really quick installation process to get you up and running.
There are a number of ways to do this, but the easiest and quickest that we have found is using a Thrid party software launcher called Six-Updater. The handy thing about Six-Updater is that it will automatically install the latest ARMA II: CO beta patch as well as update your DayZ mod files. It also includes a DayZ server browser.
So first off you need to buy both ARMA2 and ARMA2:Operation Arrowhead. KJBcast recommends doing this through Steam and making use of their ARMA2:Combined Operations multipack.
- Once you have them downloaded load up each of the games just so all updates and codec’s are installed.
- Next head over to Six-Launcher and download the latest version.
- Run the Six-Updater.exe file and install to the location of your choosing.
- When installation is complete, there will be two "Six" programs (Six Updater and Six Launcher). Run "Six Launcher."
- You should see a DayZ themed program with a server browser. Click the Update button in yellow on the left.
- When update is complete, select a server and pres Join.
That’s it your ready to go. Good luck and watch out for the Zombies and of course the other human players.