Loyal citizens of Tropico, Kalypso has announced Tropico 5 will be released on Xbox 360, PC and Mac in 2014.
The developer confirmed that the major new addition is co-operative and competitive multiplayer, which will allow you to work with or against up to three friends building cities on the same map.
Tropico 5 will span centuries of the nation's development, from colonial times all the way through the present. The game's new "Dynasty" features also allow you to appoint an in-game extended family to positions of power, for better, or worse.
Here's a list of new features promised for Tropico 5:
- The Eras - From the 19th century to the 21st, each era carries its own challenges and opportunities. Begin your reign during colonial times and advance your nation through the modern era and into the future!
- The Dynasty - Each member of El Presidente’s extended family is present on the island and may be appointed to key leadership positions, earning skills and experience in their assigned roles.
- Research and Renovate - Advance your nation by discovering new buildings, technologies and resources. Transform your old buildings into modernized, hyper-efficient designs worthy of an economic superpower!
- Advanced trade system and trade fleet - Amass a global trade fleet and use your ships to secure import/export trade routes to neighbouring islands and key nations.
- Explore your island - Discover what lies beyond the fog of war. Send prospectors to look for new mineral and ore deposits, but be wary of hostile animals and native tribes.
- All new art - All artwork is reworked to provide Tropico 5 with a distinct historic visual identity. Choose from over 100 unique buildings from each of the individual eras.
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer - Up to four players can build up their own cities and economies on any given island map. Players can share resources and citizens, or declare war on each other.
Are you excited? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!