The game will be available as both a physical disc and a digital download, and will come with a new area, missions and enemies, while including all the content from the original Dragon's Dogma. Full pricing hasn't been revealed yet, but the PS3 digital version has been confirmed as costing €29.99/£19.99/$39.99. The new stuff:
- A huge new underground realm populated by more than 25 new enemies
- A new tier (level 3) of skills for each class
- More than 100 pieces of new equipment
- New high level weapons and armour sets
- 14 new character/Pawn alignments
- New tiers of equipment enhancements
- More character customisation options
- Item appraisal
- Optional Japanese voice over
Owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will be able to export their existing characters and all other saved data, while new players can start from the very beginning before tackling the new content.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen takes place on the Bitterblack Isle off the Gransys mainland, and will task players with venturing to an underground realm to face new foes in pursuit of new equipment, augments and skill tiers.
Capcom has announced that Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360 from April 23 in North America and April 26 in Europe.