Onslaught is here. The first of four massive, Downloadable Content (DLC) Packs for Call of Duty: Ghosts, the definitive online experience, and #1 most played multiplayer title on Xbox Live for Xbox 360 kicks-off today. Launching first, exclusively on Xbox Live for both Xbox One and Xbox 360, Onslaught features four classically designed, smaller to medium sized Call of Duty multiplayer maps delivering the fast-paced multiplayer experience fans love, the all-new "Maverick" dual-purpose Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle, and "Episode 1: Nightfall," the first installment in Call of Duty: Ghosts Extinction's four-part episodic story that follows humankind's first contact with the Cryptids.
Onslaught is included as part of the Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass, which gives fans access to four epic Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Packs planned for release this year - Onslaught, Devastation, Invasion and Nemesis - at the discounted suggested retail price of $49.99. Additionally, Call of Duty Ghosts DLC Season Pass holders get instant access to the Team Leader Digital Pack, which comes with a unique multiplayer character head, weapon camo, reticle, player patch, card and background.
Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught delivers a variety of new offerings for fans to dig their teeth into, starting with four new multiplayer maps. "Fog" is a chilling homage to classic horror films, set alongside the banks of a murky lake. Players skilled enough to pick up the map's unique Field Order can become the embodiment of terror by donning the mask of Michael Myers, one of cinema's most iconic horror characters of all-time, as the entire soundscape changes to the eerily familiar Halloween theme music.
"BayView" is a coastal Californian boardwalk that offers players fast-paced run-and-gun gameplay amid a seaside town. Clever players will be able to climb onto the map's moving trolley to engage enemies, as well as call in devastating artillery strikes from the Naval Destroyer anchored offshore.
"Containment" drops players into a raging battle amidst a war-torn Mexican village, where the action centers on the crippled remains of a small bridge holding a hi-jacked truck leaking radioactive material.
Onslaught's fourth map, "Ignition," is a completely reimagined version of "Scrapyard" - the fan-favorite multiplayer map from Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2, placing players into a deserted space launch facility with frenetic action amongst abandoned warehouses, flame trenches, a massive transport crawler, and dynamic map elements that can take players out if they're not paying close attention.
Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught also introduces the first installment in Extinction's new, four-part episodic narrative with "Episode 1: Nightfall." As the initial foray into this single, connected story that will be told across each DLC Pack launch throughout the year, "Episode 1: Nightfall" takes fans to a remote research facility hidden deep within the Alaskan wilderness, where a small recon team must infiltrate the facility to find out what happened to the mysterious Nightfall Program. This expanded Extinction storyline introduces new characters, plus two all-new alien species, and debuts an exclusive Venom-X weapon that pulverizes the Cryptids, as players delve deeper into the story of what happened following mankind's first contact with the Cryptids in Colorado.
On top of the new maps and first episode of the Extinction narrative, Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught arms players with a new, dual-purpose addition to the multiplayer arsenal with the "Maverick." Outfitted with a lightweight wood stock, the "Maverick" can be selected in either the Assault or the Sniper Rifle class, depending on players' play style and preference.
In celebration of today's Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught launch, Activision and Infinity Ward are pitting pro footballers Clay Matthews of the Green Bay Packers against Jamaal Charles of the Kansas City Chiefs in a Grudge Match for the ultimate Call of Duty bragging rights. Matthews and Charles will each captain a team comprised of members of the development team at Infinity Ward, online personalities and fans in an intense head-to-head battle.
Call of Duty: Ghosts has also received another title update on Xbox 360 and Xbox One today, adding a selection of fixes and new features to the game, including the addition of the Gun Game mode from Call of Duty: Black Ops, replacing the Heavy Duty mode.
Gun Game is a wager match mode in which you're given progressively more powerful guns as you rack up kills. Hunted FFA is also added to the Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer playlist, as well as a host of other tweaks and balancing fixes.
Check out the full list of features and fixes available for Call of Duty: Ghosts now:
- Killstreak count maintained across rounds in Search and Destroy, Search and Rescue and Blitz.
- Shorten countdown timer for Clan v Clan playlist.
- Extinction alien balance adjustments.
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Gun Game replacing Heavy Duty.
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Adding Hunted FFA.
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Add eSports Rules to Clan v Clan (except friendly fire), and 1-4 persons can join.
- Added Heavy Duty health options to Private Match.
- IED damage adjustment based on player stance and IED location (for damage reduction: jump over IEDs below you, go prone for overhead IEDs).
- Added Operation progress bar to the After Action Report that pops up after MP matches.
- New MP lobby menu music.
- Social feed addition.
- New stick layout options for Southpaw.
- Disable party chat in Search and Rescue, Search and Destroy and Infected.
- Added 5 new Prestige Ranks to Extinction.
- Customization for player appearances (Create a Soldier) added to Extinction.
- Fixed Sniper animation issue that could break the viewmodel.
- Load time improvements for Flooded, Strikezone, Warhawk.
- Fixed a couple bots related performance issues.
- Fixed loss of functionality issue that would occur when two crates were stacked if player attempted to capture bottom crate.
- In Private match, disable "Start Match" if party members are missing selected map.
- Fixed rare case of incorrect bot display amount in Private match.
- Various spawn improvements.
Weapon / Perk Balance
- Prevent players from using more loadouts than normal.
- Block users from sharing camos and reticles that aren't previously unlocked.
- Anti-cheat prevention improvements.
- Dead Silence/Amplify Adjustment - Dead Silence completely silent including equipment, sliding, and footsteps. Amplify users can still hear a scaled down version of the footsteps and sliding sounds.
- Slight AK12 Increase on view kick.
- Adjusted reload times on L115 and USR.
- Reduce burst fire cool down of MSBS.
- Removed stalls caused by the host changing loadout in eSports games.
- Silent plant, silent defuse in Search and Destroy.
- Added killstreak count to eSports scoreboard.
- Improvements to MLG Broadcast mode for highlighted players.
- Added Domination flag capture bar to Broadcast mode.
- Added R3 to toggle enemy player outlines in Broadcast mode.
- Prevent eSports players (except COD Caster) from switching to 3rd Person Spectate cam.
- Added ability to select players when mini-map is enlarged in eSports.
- Fixed FOV issue that occurred in Broadcast mode.
- Fixed functionality issue that occurred if both thumbsticks were pressed while spectating a mantling player.
- Fixed issue which kept eSports rules enabled after losing internet connection.
- Add notification when spectated player gets a kill in Broadcast mode.
- Fixed text overlap bug that occurred when mini-map was enlarged.
- Better team identification in the MLG hud.
- Fixed killfeed color bug that occurred for spectators.
- Prevent crashes when COD Caster changed teams quickly.
- Restrict Ghillie Suits when eSports rules enabled (replaces with different game models).
- Fixed a Broadcaster Mode bug where the preset camera indicator wasn't getting reset between rounds.
- Add a kill feed to Broadcaster mode.
- Added team names to in-game scoreboard for Broadcast mode.
- Restrict Tracker Sights in eSports rules.
- Restrict Danger Close in eSports rules.
- Additional Broadcast mode fixes (better team identification in the HUD, simplified Scoreboard toggle, etc).
- Additional eSports fixes.
- Adjusted difficulty of slide based operations.
- Reduced lean, point blank & rescue reticle challenge requirements.
- Search and Destroy bomb plant and defuse timers no longer wait for the weapon swap before starting.
- Fixed matchmaking issue in Squads.
- Display new icon in Operations when re-rolling Operations.
- Fixed rare cases of losing Sentry Gun killstreak when killed while placing.
- Menu fix for Operations.
- Fixed bug that would show improper time value in match countdown timer.
- Maniac, Juggernaut Recon and the Michael Myers are invisible to tracker and thermal sights.
- Fixing bug where the playercards in Squad Reports were only updated if you went into the friends list or squad mode first.
- Defaults loadouts correctly reflect the actual loadout in Private match.
- Free For All scoreboard adjustment.
- Fixed Trinity Rocket cancellation issue.
- MP Lobby improvement for Character Display.
- Combat Knife stats accuracy improvement.
- Fixed friends list shuffle that would occur for clans that had members across platforms.
- Killcam no longer goes underground on Warhawk.
- Improved audio ambient system in Multiplayer.
- Fixed Squads issue that would change mode icon when playing with a split screen guest.
- Fixed core playlist selection reset issue.
- Private match loadout bug fix.
- Additional customization options added for Infected in Private match.
- Improvements to Infected game mode.
- Optimization to generic UI elements.
- Fixed issue that could occur when squad member had specialist set as streak reward.
- Fixed minor VFX issue.
- Fixed under water killstreak exploit.
- Increased XP earned from completed Operations.
- Fixed issue that occurred when leader would leave clan.
- Fixed Bromance Clan Op issue.
- Fixed viewmodel loss issue in Safeguard.
- Fixed rare challenges issue in Safeguard.
- Fixed issue where some achievements could not be earned when moving from current generation to next generation platforms.
- Optimized some FX to improve game stability and performance.
- Fixed Trinity rocket issue where black/white overlay would remain on screen.
- Fixed Trinity rocket issue where laptop could not be put away.
- Improvements to the "Leper" challenge so that it appears closer to players.
- Added "COD Account" selection to the Extinction menu to improve account linking for Extinction players.
- Fixed bug where the "Death Machine" could obtain specialty ammunition.
- Fixed issue where players defaulted to pistol after revival.
- Fixed issue with accepting invites from custom Extinction matches where players would lose menu focus.
- Fixed issue where double XP was not resetting when going into solo, custom or split screen lobbies.
- Added a double XP icon to the Extinction lobby for when double XP is active.
- Fixed trophy issues where players could not plant any more trophies even though it had not been depleted after throwing a hypno-knife.
- Fixed issue where Feral Instincts would not default back to normal view after it depleted.
- Added the rank and icon to the Extinction end game scoreboard.
- Fixed issue where challenge timer would not appear when joining a game while a challenge is active.
- Fixed issue where Relic bonus was not appearing in the end game scoreboard.
- Balancing tweaks to the Sentry Gun and Death Machine abilities.
- Added ranks to the in game splash notification message when a player ranks up.
- Added player Patches to splash notifications for deployment items.
- The Riotshield icon now tracks ammo while the shield is stowed.
- Fixed issue where players would have no weapon on ladders.
- Fixed issue where players would lose their weapon after getting off a ladder.