The three publishers have united for a new project for the 3DS. It has been titled "Project X Zone" (with the X pronounced as 'cross'). These Titans of Gaming are each contributing some of their biggest characters for a new strategy RPG. The list of characters so far is:
- Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter 0)
- Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter)
- X and Zero (Mega Man)
- Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry)
- Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)
- Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars)
- Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars)
- Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles)
- Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5, Shining Force EXA)
- Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia)
- Kaito and Black Rose (.hack)
The last time Namco Bandai and Capcom teamed up for an game was Namco X Capcom in 2005. The PS2 game received average reviews in Japan, but was the top-selling title during its week of release at 87,223 units. The game was never released outside of Japan.
Once any more information becomes available we will let you know!